Services of the Center for Children
Some of the services provided at the the Center include:
- A home-like atmosphere
- A dramatic reduction in the number of interviews a victim must undergo
- Legally sound, neutral forensic interviews
- Forensic medical exams by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E)
- Up front and ongoing advocacy and support for the child and family
- Coordination of efforts of the professionals responsible for the investigation and prosecution of child abuse
- Appropriate medical and mental health referrals
- On site mental health services
- Information and resources on healthy sexual development, abuse, and community resources and services
- Sexual abuse prevention training
- Facilitated case coordination and review meetings
- Assistance with how to report suspected acts of child abuse
- Training for professionals who handle child abuse cases
IF YOU SUSPECT ABUSE
If you suspect child abuse - or if a child tells you about abuse - making a report is very important! You cannot get into trouble or lose your job for making a report that turns out to be unfounded if you had good intentions when you made the report.
OR DIAL 911
All calls remain anonymous.
Reports of known or suspected child abuse or neglect should be made immediately to the Mesa County Department of Human Services Child Protection Hotline at (970) 242-1211 or a local law enforcement agency at 911.
Click here to learn more.